- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have had this recipe for several years. Originaly I got it from my local paper when I was living in Oregon. It is a great fall/winter dinner and smells so good baking.
- 4 loin pork chops, 1/2-3/4-inch thick
- chopped garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 medium potatoes -- peeled and sliced
- 2 large onions Ã¢â‚¬â€œ sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Coat chops with flour.
- Brown with garlic in 2 tablespoons oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in the bottom of baking dish large enough to hold chops without crowding.
- Place chops on top.
- Separate onion slices into rings; place over chops.
- Combine sour cream and dry mustard, pour over all.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove foil from pan and bake a little longer until top is nicely browned.