- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is from The Healthy Beef Cookbook. It tastes great and has wonderful presentation.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise in 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/4 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours* (or overnight). Reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator for dressing.
- 2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2-3 inches from heat. Broil 12-13 minutes for medium-rare doneness, turning once. Remove; keep warm.
- 3. Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium -high heat until hot. Add asparagus and squash; cook and stir 7-8 minutes or until tender. Toss with rice, tomatoes, beans, basil, salt, and reserved marinade in large bowl.
- 4. Carve steak into thin slices. Serve over rice salad.