- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise in 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/4 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours* (or overnight). Reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator for dressing.
- 2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2-3 inches from heat. Broil 12-13 minutes for medium-rare doneness, turning once. Remove; keep warm.
- 3. Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium -high heat until hot. Add asparagus and squash; cook and stir 7-8 minutes or until tender. Toss with rice, tomatoes, beans, basil, salt, and reserved marinade in large bowl.
- 4. Carve steak into thin slices. Serve over rice salad.
NotesThis recipe is from The Healthy Beef Cookbook. It tastes great and has wonderful presentation.
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More