- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, 24 oz. bag
- 3/4 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3-cup mild salsa
- 1 cup Ham, or Canadian-style bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup Green onions, sliced
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 12 oz Evaporated milk, canned
- 1/4-teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8-teaspoon salt
- Make Ahead (day before)
- Grease a 2-quart square-baking dish.
- Spread the potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with cheeses, ham, salsa and green onions.
- Combine the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt and pour over the potato mixture in dish.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, bake, uncovered at 350°F for 40 to 45 or until knife inserted
- in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Optional, add extra shredded cheese
- to the top during the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Serves 6.
NotesI spend 1 weekend a year with girlfriends and make this every year and it has become a tradition.
It is so good, I thought I would share it.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More