- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 bacon slices
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 2 Turkish bay leaves or 1 California
- 3 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Cook bacon in a 4-to 6-quart heavy pot over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Add garlic and caraway seeds to fat in pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is pale golden, about 1 minute. Add squash, carrots, apple, thyme, bay leaves, broth, water, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and boil, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard thyme and bay leaves.
- Purée about 4 cups soup in a blender, in batches if necessary, until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Return to pot and season with salt, pepper, and vinegar. Serve topped with crumbled bacon.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More