- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 small bone-in chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.) skin removed
- 1/4 cup Kraft light done right! Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups MINUTE brown rice, uncooked
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 less fat than cream cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbls. chopped fresh parsley
- MIX: flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to evenly coat both sides with flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour mixture.
- Heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken, meat-side down; cook 5 to 6 min. or until golden brown.
- Turn chicken over; add carrots, onions, and 1 cup of the broth.
- Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 min. or until carrots are tender and chicken is cooked through (180F).
- MEANWHILE: Cook rice as directed on package. Spoon onto serving platter.
- Use slotted spoon to remove chicken and vegetables from skillet; place over rice.
- Cover to keep warm.
- ADD Neufchatel cheese and remaining broth to skillet; increase heat to high. Cook until cheese is melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 to 5 min. or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken and vegetables; sprinkle with parsley
NotesThis recipe came from the Kraftfoods website. I was looking for a replacement for a cooking sauce I used to buy that is no longer available. The combination of the italian dressing and cream cheese just may do it. We'll see!