- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 small bone-in chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.) skin removed
- 1/4 cup Kraft light done right! Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups MINUTE brown rice, uncooked
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 less fat than cream cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbls. chopped fresh parsley
- MIX: flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to evenly coat both sides with flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour mixture.
- Heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken, meat-side down; cook 5 to 6 min. or until golden brown.
- Turn chicken over; add carrots, onions, and 1 cup of the broth.
- Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 min. or until carrots are tender and chicken is cooked through (180F).
- MEANWHILE: Cook rice as directed on package. Spoon onto serving platter.
- Use slotted spoon to remove chicken and vegetables from skillet; place over rice.
- Cover to keep warm.
- ADD Neufchatel cheese and remaining broth to skillet; increase heat to high. Cook until cheese is melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 to 5 min. or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken and vegetables; sprinkle with parsley
NotesThis recipe came from the Kraftfoods website. I was looking for a replacement for a cooking sauce I used to buy that is no longer available. The combination of the italian dressing and cream cheese just may do it. We'll see!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More