- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 c finely chopped onion
- 1/2 c finely choppped celery
- 1/2 c chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 4 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and red pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in flour and dressing mix until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the potatoes, corn, ham and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
The NourishFull Kitchen
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More