- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1¾ teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 russet potatoes (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Set the potatoes on a cutting board. Make straight cuts on the 4 long sides of the potatoes to remove the peel. With a vegetable peeler or small knife, peel the ends of the potatoes.
- Discard the peels. With a knife, cut the remaining potatoes lengthwise into ¼-inch thick sticks. These can vary in length. On a scale, weigh 9 ounces of potatoes or measure 2 cups.
- Transfer the potatoes to the boiling water. Cook for exactly 2½ minutes but no longer or they will break. Drain in a colander. Set aside for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add the oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Carefully toss to coat well. Place the potatoes, not touching, in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning the potatoes about every 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Sprinkle, if desired, with the remaining ¼ tsp salt
NotesThis recipe is from a book called fast food fix - it's really good - a bit of effort but worth it to have good crispy french fries on a diet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More