- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1¾ teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 russet potatoes (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Set the potatoes on a cutting board. Make straight cuts on the 4 long sides of the potatoes to remove the peel. With a vegetable peeler or small knife, peel the ends of the potatoes.
- Discard the peels. With a knife, cut the remaining potatoes lengthwise into ¼-inch thick sticks. These can vary in length. On a scale, weigh 9 ounces of potatoes or measure 2 cups.
- Transfer the potatoes to the boiling water. Cook for exactly 2½ minutes but no longer or they will break. Drain in a colander. Set aside for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add the oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Carefully toss to coat well. Place the potatoes, not touching, in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning the potatoes about every 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Sprinkle, if desired, with the remaining ¼ tsp salt
NotesThis recipe is from a book called fast food fix - it's really good - a bit of effort but worth it to have good crispy french fries on a diet.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More