- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 firm ripe tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 3 cucumbers, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, chopped (red) 4 small radishes, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pita breads (optional)
- If using pita breads, brush with olive oil and toast in oven. Cool and break into large chunks.
- Mix rest of ingredients, add the pita chunks, toss everything together.
- If you aren't serving this right away, skip the pita bread and you can serve this as a vegetarian pita sandwich, or a side
NotesI just discovered this salad in a new Israeli cookbook I bought. It's called "The Book of New Israeli Food", with Persian, British, Moroccan, and other influences. I'm obsessed. This salad is so fresh and flavorful.