- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 firm ripe tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 3 cucumbers, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, chopped (red) 4 small radishes, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pita breads (optional)
- If using pita breads, brush with olive oil and toast in oven. Cool and break into large chunks.
- Mix rest of ingredients, add the pita chunks, toss everything together.
- If you aren't serving this right away, skip the pita bread and you can serve this as a vegetarian pita sandwich, or a side
NotesI just discovered this salad in a new Israeli cookbook I bought. It's called "The Book of New Israeli Food", with Persian, British, Moroccan, and other influences. I'm obsessed. This salad is so fresh and flavorful.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More