- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 firm ripe tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 3 cucumbers, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, chopped (red) 4 small radishes, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pita breads (optional)
- If using pita breads, brush with olive oil and toast in oven. Cool and break into large chunks.
- Mix rest of ingredients, add the pita chunks, toss everything together.
- If you aren't serving this right away, skip the pita bread and you can serve this as a vegetarian pita sandwich, or a side
NotesI just discovered this salad in a new Israeli cookbook I bought. It's called "The Book of New Israeli Food", with Persian, British, Moroccan, and other influences. I'm obsessed. This salad is so fresh and flavorful.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More