- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 cups lettuce or greens (I used romaine but any mixture of romaine/purslane/arugula/etc. will work).
- 1 cucumber, sliced or cut into chunks
- 1 tomato sliced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley (leaves only)
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 pita, sliced through the pocket, torn into pieces and toasted (I do this at 375 for 8-10 minutes or so)
- 2 grilled chicken breast halves (if desired)
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sumac
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (I usually add some kosher salt and a drizzle of olive oil to the top and then smash)
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mix & serve!
NotesOne of my favorite salads on the planet is a Lebanese salad called fattoush. The dressing is so tangy and flavorful and the toasted pita gives it a great crunch.
This serves two as a meal (with a protein), but if you plan on making it as a salad/first course you will probably want to half it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cooking with SabraSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More