- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: As many as you want
- Preparation Time: 10
- Canned/Tubed Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- Shredded Cheese (cheddar, Jack, your choice)
- Sliced, Pickled Jalapeno Slices
- Place uncooked biscuits in the hollows of a non-stick muffin tin. Top with 2-3 sliced jalapeno rings and shredded cheese.
- Place another biscuit on top of each biscuit. (If you are using a 10 ct can, you will have 5 popovers).
- Top with more shredded cheese and a jalapeno slice. Push down gently to adhere jalapeno to dough. Do not press down too hard or biscuits will not puff up as much.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven 6-8 minutes until biscuits and cheese start to brown. Keep an eye on them, as they will burn quickly.
NotesThe popovers are fake, not the jalapenos. For whatever reason, I needed a can of buttermilk biscuits for a recipe and ended up buying 4 tubes because they were on sale. I have been making these with the other 3 tubes every time I have chili. They come out of the oven looking just like popovers that you make by hand (OK, maybe not that close, but they don't look like canned biscuits!!)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More