- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 25 min.
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbls. corn syrup
- 4 envelopes gelatin
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 c. water, divided
- colored sugar
- Spray a 9x13 inch glass pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 3/4 c. water in a bowl. Allow to sit and soften for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, corn syrup, and 3/4 cup water to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to medium high and cook until it reaches 260 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Place bowl of gelatin over a small pan of simmering water and whisk until all gelatin is melted and combined. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites in stand mixer of high until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk gelatin into sugar mixture.
- While mixer is still turned on, slowly pour sugar and gelatin mixture into the egg whites. Beat on high speed for 10-15 minutes. The mixture will get very thick and fluffy. It should look like a jar of, well, fluff.
- Pour your fluff immediately into prepared pans, smoothing with a spatula. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 3 hours. It can sit as long as over night.
- Fill a shallow bowl with colored sugar. Spray your cutter (or knife) lightly with cooking spray. Cut into marshmallow slowly, as it might stick a bit. Lift carefully with your fingers and push out from the cutter into the bowl of sugar. Flip to coat on all sides and move to a piece of waxed paper.
- Pipe on the teeny face. I used black gel coloring for the eyes and nose, but you could also use melted chocolate.
NotesPlease visit my blog for detailed photographs of the steps!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More