- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, or margarine, cut into 4 pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, or walnuts
- Place butter and cocoa in 8x8-inch baking dish. Microwave, uncovered, at High power until butter is melted, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add sugar to baking dish; stir to mix well. Add remaining ingredients; mix well, especially in corners. Spread batter evenly in dish.
- Shield 4 corners of baking dish with aluminum foil triangles to prevent overcooking in corners.
- Microwave, uncovered, at High power until top is no longer wet, 5 to 6 minutes; rotate dish 1/2 turn after 3 minutes.
- Place baking dish directly on heatproof counter; let stand 10 minutes to complete cooking. Cut brownies into 2-inch squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More