- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryMy family has enjoyed this dressing for many years. We just never get tired of it.
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix prepared according to directions in 8" pans.
- 1 lg. pkg. Pepperidge Farm bread stuffing
- 2 large cartons Swanson chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- Optional ingredients:
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- In a medium saucepan combine chopped onion and celery. Add enough water to barely cover the onion and celery. Cook until soft. Do not drain.
- In a large bowl combine crumbled cornbread and Pepperidge Farm stuffing.
- Add the chopped celery and onions with the water they cooked in.
- Add eggs and sage.
- Stir gently to mix ingredients.
- Stir in cans of soup.
- Add enough chicken broth to make mixture almost runny.
- Pour into 9" x 13" baking dish that has been greased or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until cooked through. Remove foil for last 15 minutes so top can brown.