- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup European-style cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease 9 " × 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, combine sugars, margarine and buttermilk together.
- Cook and stir over medium heat, just to boiling.
- Remove from heat, allowing mixture to cool slightly.
- Stir in cocoa, then eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour and baking soda together, then incorporate into cocoa mixture with 25-30 strokes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. (Do not overbake.)
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More