- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup European-style cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease 9 " × 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, combine sugars, margarine and buttermilk together.
- Cook and stir over medium heat, just to boiling.
- Remove from heat, allowing mixture to cool slightly.
- Stir in cocoa, then eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour and baking soda together, then incorporate into cocoa mixture with 25-30 strokes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. (Do not overbake.)
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More