FAVORITE LAYERED FRUIT BARS
Favorite Layered Fruit Bars
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 10
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut up
- 1 1/2 packages (to equal 12 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium bananas, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, well drained, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Chop the pecans in a food processor. Set aside 1/2 cup pecans for topping. Add the flour and sugar, and process until mixed. Add the butter and pulse until mixture forms fine crumbs. Pour into the prepared pan. Press the mixture firmly with a soup spoon or your fingers evenly into the pan bottom. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Beat the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Stir in the bananas and pineapple. Spread the filling evenly in the cooled crust.
Spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Whip the cream in a medium mixer bowl at high speed until stiff. Spread whipped cream over cherry pie filling, ,and sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup pecans (chopped when making crust). Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.