FAVORITE PEPPERMINT BROWNIES FOR CHRISTMAS
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 package Ghiradelli Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Eggs — however many it says on the box
- Oil — however much it says on the box
- Peppermint Schnapps — replace half the water it calls for with Peppermint Schnapps
- 2 oz mint chocolate chips or chunks, melted (Trader Joe’s has good mint dark chocolate chips)
- 2 (approx) Tbsp milk, half & half, or cream
- 1/2 cup Candy Canes pieces (smashed into little bits)
- Prepare brownies according to package directions, only sub Peppermint Schnapps for 1/2 the water. (To make without alcohol, just add 1 tsp peppermint extract and do everything else the package instructions say). Grease a baking pan, pour in batter, and bake for 1/2 the baking time.
- Meanwhile, melt mint chocolate with 1-2 Tbsp milk in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between. Every 20 seconds, add a little more milk, half & half, or cream if necessary, and gently stir in until smooth. Chocolate should become a sauce consistency: runny enough so you can pour it, but still thick like hot fudge. After the brownies have baked for 1/2 the time, pull them out, drizzle the chocolate sauce over them, then sprinkle them with the candy cane shavings. Return to oven for the remaining bake time. (They may take a bit longer to cook, so put them in for more time if necessary but check often so they don’t overcook).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More