- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans of asparagus pieces, with juice
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 12 ounces of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large can of cream of mushroom soup
- In a large baking dish, cover bottom with part of saltine cracker crumbs
- In layer format add one half can of cream of mushroom soup
- Next layer one can of asparagus with the water
- Next add part of the cheese
- Continue layering until you fill pan, and always make sure there is cheese as a top layer.
- Pop into a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes (or until the casserole is hot and bubbly and cheese browned)
- Serve hot
NotesMy Mother's first cousin, Fay, made this recipe for our family reunions. It was always a big hit. I started making it a staple at my Thanksgiving table, and although my children claimed loudly that they hated asparagus, they loved this casserole. Fay recently left us, but this always reminds us of her. Thanksgiving is not Thanksgiving without "Fay's Asparagus Casserole." It is so simple yet so delish......
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More