- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6-7 cups flour
- 2 pkgs. yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt & sugar
- 2 cups hot tap water
- 1/3 cup oil
- Variation - Add 2 teaspons vanilla & 1/3 cup sugar for sweet dough.
- Preheat oven to 350'F
- Combine 5 cups flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Add water & oil. Mix until all combined, add enough flour to form a soft ball of dough.
- Knead about 8 minutes.
- Grease the bowl place over dough let rest 15 minutes,shape into rolls or loaves let rise until double about 1 hour.
- Bake for 25 min. or until golden.
- Remove from pan brush with butter.
NotesI use Gourmet yeast (Red package), you add it right to the flour. You can find it at Wal-Mart. I use a Kitchen Aid Mixer for all steps. Then will knead just few times on lightly floured surface.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Short & Sweet
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More