- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 - 10 cup soup pot
- 1 lb. Fillet haddock or cod
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can fat free evaporated milk
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 tbs. Margarine
- salt and pepper
- Put fish into soup pot with water.
- Bring to a boil about 8 – 10 minutes over low heat just until fish is tender.
- Take fish out and put on plate.
- Add onion carrot and potato to pot.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add fish salt and pepper.
- Stir in can of evaporated milk.
- Stir occasionally and do not boil.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Note: Serve with bread sticks or crackers.
- THE STORY
- Episode Summary :
- It's time for another episode and this time we are on shpilkes, will the chowder turn out right?
- Show Notes:
- Today we are going to make fish bulbe. Bulbe actually means potatoes. Fish Bulbe is fish and potatoes and fish and potatoes is known to us as fish chowder.
- Good now that we got you really confused lets begin.
- Years ago Bubbe lived in a street with a lot of houses. Once a week a man with a station wagon would show up. The back of the wagon had a scale and fish. All the neighbors would come on down to buy all kinds of fish.
- If you want to make this dish take a glance at the recipe.
- Today's yiddish word of the day is shpilkes meaning in a rush. But if you want the exact definition it is pins and needles. Hard to describe but worth watching it.
- Of course at the end everything turns out as it should as the credits roll and the jazz music kicks up a beat.
- We are still looking for your comments and requests firstname.lastname@example.org
NotesThis dish is rated Milchig and can be eaten with dairy meals only.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More