FEED ME BUBBE EPISODE #6 FISH BULBE (CHOWDER)
- 8 - 10 cup soup pot
- 1 lb. Fillet haddock or cod
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can fat free evaporated milk
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 tbs. Margarine
- salt and pepper
- Put fish into soup pot with water.
- Bring to a boil about 8 – 10 minutes over low heat just until fish is tender.
- Take fish out and put on plate.
- Add onion carrot and potato to pot.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add fish salt and pepper.
- Stir in can of evaporated milk.
- Stir occasionally and do not boil.
- Taste for seasoning.
Note: Serve with bread sticks or crackers.
Episode Summary :
It's time for another episode and this time we are on shpilkes, will the chowder turn out right?
Today we are going to make fish bulbe. Bulbe actually means potatoes. Fish Bulbe is fish and potatoes and fish and potatoes is known to us as fish chowder.
Good now that we got you really confused lets begin.
Years ago Bubbe lived in a street with a lot of houses. Once a week a man with a station wagon would show up. The back of the wagon had a scale and fish. All the neighbors would come on down to buy all kinds of fish.
If you want to make this dish take a glance at the recipe.
Today's yiddish word of the day is shpilkes meaning in a rush. But if you want the exact definition it is pins and needles. Hard to describe but worth watching it.
Of course at the end everything turns out as it should as the credits roll and the jazz music kicks up a beat.
We are still looking for your comments and requests firstname.lastname@example.org