FELL-IN-LOVE-WITH MY MOM'S SEVEN LAYER SALAD
- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Hellman's mayo (Hellman's is more lemony than others and works well)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
Fill salad bowl half full of lettuce.
Add layers of bell pepper, onion, celery and peas.
Spread mayo over peas, sealing to the edge of the bowl.
Sprinkle sugar evenly over the mayo, followed by cheese and bacon.
Chill tightly covered for 8 hours to overnight.