- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Hellman's mayo (Hellman's is more lemony than others and works well)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- Fill salad bowl half full of lettuce.
- Add layers of bell pepper, onion, celery and peas.
- Spread mayo over peas, sealing to the edge of the bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over the mayo, followed by cheese and bacon.
- Chill tightly covered for 8 hours to overnight.
NotesIt's Thanksgiving Day, and you know what I'm eating the most of? This salad. Screw the turkey and dressing...when my mom put this on the table, I fell in love.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More