- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Hellman's mayo (Hellman's is more lemony than others and works well)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- Fill salad bowl half full of lettuce.
- Add layers of bell pepper, onion, celery and peas.
- Spread mayo over peas, sealing to the edge of the bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over the mayo, followed by cheese and bacon.
- Chill tightly covered for 8 hours to overnight.
NotesIt's Thanksgiving Day, and you know what I'm eating the most of? This salad. Screw the turkey and dressing...when my mom put this on the table, I fell in love.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More