- Cooking Time: Approx 70 min.
- Servings: Feeds 8
- Preparation Time: Approx. 15 min.
- - 4 large red skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1" round pieces
- - 5 tbsp. butter
- - 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- - 1/2 tsp. salt
- - 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- - 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- - 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- - 2 cups mini marshmallows
- - 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Arrange yams in 13 x 9 glass pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg in saucepan over med. heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over yams evenly, toss to coat.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 50 min., then uncover.
- Bake again until yams are tender and syrup thickens slightly, basting occasionally, about 20 min.
- Remove yams from oven, increase oven temp. to 500ºF. (broil)
- Top yams with marshmallows and nuts.
- Return to oven and bake until marshmallows melt and brown, about 3 min. (uncovered)
NotesI make this dish every year at Christmas and Thanksgiving and it's been a hit with my family every time, they're always impressed!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More