- Cooking Time: Approx 70 min.
- Servings: Feeds 8
- Preparation Time: Approx. 15 min.
- - 4 large red skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1" round pieces
- - 5 tbsp. butter
- - 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- - 1/2 tsp. salt
- - 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- - 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- - 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- - 2 cups mini marshmallows
- - 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Arrange yams in 13 x 9 glass pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg in saucepan over med. heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over yams evenly, toss to coat.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 50 min., then uncover.
- Bake again until yams are tender and syrup thickens slightly, basting occasionally, about 20 min.
- Remove yams from oven, increase oven temp. to 500ºF. (broil)
- Top yams with marshmallows and nuts.
- Return to oven and bake until marshmallows melt and brown, about 3 min. (uncovered)
NotesI make this dish every year at Christmas and Thanksgiving and it's been a hit with my family every time, they're always impressed!
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Classic Chocolate Recipes
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More