- Cooking Time: 60 min
- Preparation Time: 40 min
- 1 cup of beans (Jacob’s cattle, red kidney or black beans for instance)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2-4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10-16 large tomatoes (or 2 cans of diced peeled tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1. (You can skip this step if using canned beans)
- Soak your beans for beans for 4 hours in cold water.
- Rinse your beans, change the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce Heat, simmer and cook for 30-40 min, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, carrots, zucchinis, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers.
- Add the beans.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes into the pot.
- Season chili with chili powder and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
NotesThis recipe is ready in no time, and packed with vegetables, beans - and flavor! Feel free to add any other veggies you feel like!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More