- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 ounces feta, patted dry if wet, then crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Aleppo chile flakes
- 9 (17- by 12-inch) phyllo sheets (preferably spelt phyllo)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend feta, walnuts, Aleppo flakes, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until a ball begins to form. Form into 27 (1-inch) balls, then roll balls into 2 1/2-inch logs.
- Leave phyllo sheets stacked and cut lengthwise into thirds, then stack thirds into 1 pile. Cover with plastic wrap and a dampened kitchen towel.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo with a short end nearest you on a work surface (keep remaining sheets covered) and brush with butter.
- Place a feta log in center of phyllo sheet parallel to short end. Fold phyllo in half, enclosing log, and brush with butter.
- Starting at end with log, roll up pastry to resemble a cigar.
- Transfer, seam side down, to a lightly buttered baking sheet, then make 26 more rolls in same manner.
- Brush rolls with some butter and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool on baking sheet on a rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yield: 6 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More