- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 ounces feta, patted dry if wet, then crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Aleppo chile flakes
- 9 (17- by 12-inch) phyllo sheets (preferably spelt phyllo)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend feta, walnuts, Aleppo flakes, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until a ball begins to form. Form into 27 (1-inch) balls, then roll balls into 2 1/2-inch logs.
- Leave phyllo sheets stacked and cut lengthwise into thirds, then stack thirds into 1 pile. Cover with plastic wrap and a dampened kitchen towel.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo with a short end nearest you on a work surface (keep remaining sheets covered) and brush with butter.
- Place a feta log in center of phyllo sheet parallel to short end. Fold phyllo in half, enclosing log, and brush with butter.
- Starting at end with log, roll up pastry to resemble a cigar.
- Transfer, seam side down, to a lightly buttered baking sheet, then make 26 more rolls in same manner.
- Brush rolls with some butter and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool on baking sheet on a rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yield: 6 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Foodie BabySee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More