- Cooking Time: 15–16 (inc noodle cook)
- Servings: 7
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch fresh parsley springs
- ½ pound pancetta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb fettuccine
- Chop garlic, strip leaves from parsley and chop; set these aside.
- Slice pancetta crosswise into strips.
- Melt butter in sauté pan on medium heat, add garlic and pancetta.
- Sauté 2–3 minutes.
- Add wine and reduce; remove from heat and keep warm.
- Beat eggs with a fork in a large bowl; add cream and Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook fettuccine according to package and drain.
- Add fettuccine to egg mixture.
- Pasta needs to be very hot; it will cook the egg as you toss it. Toss quickly to coat evenly.
- Add pancetta mixture and toss quickly.
- Add chopped parsley, toss lightly.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce