- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Fettuccine
- 2 cubes (8 oz) UN-Salted butter, at room temperature
- Kosher salt
- 2 TB warm heavy cream (This may not be necessary)
- 8 oz Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated (Do not use Stravecchio it is aged too long and thus, does not melt properly)
- Place 4 oz of the butter in a warm serving bowl.
- Cook and drain your fettuccine.
- Add pasta to the bowl and the other 4 oz of butter, toss quickly to melt.
- Add the Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese and toss vigorously.
- If the sauce appears dry and grainy, add 2 TB warm cream and continue to toss until the sauce smoothes out.
- Serve immediately with more Parmegiano-Reggiano on the side
NotesAlfredo is not really a sauce made with cream, as we have come to know in the US, it is a simple preparation of pasta tossed with A LOT of butter and aged Parmegiano-Reggiano. Alfredo di Lelio invented this recipe in 1914 when his wife lost her appetite during her pregnancy. He served her a simple dish of egg fettuccine tossed with butter and cheese. This dish is still served by Alfredo’s grandson who now owns the restaurant in Rome, Alfredo all’Augusteo, and is still served with same golden forks that were apparently donated by Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks, the famous silent film stars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More