- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat, sauté garlic.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk and half & half, stir constantly. I use a small whisk.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add Old Bay seasoning for a Cajun zip.
- Cook 8 minutes over low heat. Stirring often.
- Add Parmesan, heat till melted and remove from heat.
- Doesn't freeze well. Keeps about a week in the fridge. I store the leftover in a sealed mason jar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More