- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI adapted this from a Weight Watchers Recipe. This is the first recipe I ever made out of a cook book, when I was in college. It's very easy to make. If you are watching your weight, it's a good alternative to fettuccine alfredo.
- 1-2 bunches of broccoli tops
- 1 package fettuccine or spinach fettuccine
- olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mrs. Dash (or another garlic/herb seasoning)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (I buy the cut up garlic in a jar)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (however much you like)
- freshly ground pepper
- Boil a large pot of water. Put broccoli in and boil about two minutes. Remove the broccoli then boil the pasta as directed. Heat olive oil in a pan and sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Saute chicken until cooked and remove from pan. In the pan, heat more olive oil and saute the onions and garlic. When it's right about ready, add the broccoli to the pan and stir until broccoli is tender. In a serving dish, mix everything together and sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Enjoy!