- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Fettuccini with Spring Vegetables in a Lemon Butter Sauce
- Serves 4
- 1/2 small head leaf lettuce, cut into a chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups shelled young peas
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 9 pearl onions, peeled
- 1 small bunch chervil or parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- For the sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lb fettuccini pasta
- Heat salted water over medium high heat in a heavy saucepan. When water is at a rolling boil, add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- For the peas: Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the lettuce, peas, and onions to the pan and stir gently until the lettuce wilts. Add 1/4 cup water, sugar, and salt. Cover and cook over medium low heat until the peas are tender, 15-20 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the sauce: Heat the butter in the same heavy saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown. Add chicken stock, lemon juice and zest and let simmer.
- To serve: Toss pasta with spring vegetables and sauce and top with shaved parmesan. Serve immediately.
NotesWelcome spring with this simple and delicious pasta dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More