- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 box of fettucine
- 8 oz. of cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese (cheese you have freshly grated works best)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 c. milk (skim is fine)
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. When it has reached a rolling boil, add 1/2 tsp. of salt and the fettucine.
- While the fettucine is cooking (use the box directions to figure out how long to cook it), stir together the other ingredients in a large pot on low heat until they are all melted and blended.
- When the pasta is cooked (taste it as you go when you are cooking–it won’t hurt you, and you want to catch it before it overcooks), drain the pasta in a collander in the sink. Stir the drained pasta into the sauce.
- . . . It worked, by the way. They're getting married this October!
NotesI helped my best friend's boyfriend plan a surprise dinner for my best friend as part of his proposal. This is the main dish he and my husband made. It's not exactly authentic alfredo, but what I picked needed to be easy enough for my non-kitchen-oriented husband and her culinarily clueless boyfriend to make!
. . . It worked, by the way. They're getting married this October!
(You will have at least one serving of leftovers from this dish. But it’s just as good, if not better, the next day.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More