- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 box of fettucine
- 8 oz. of cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese (cheese you have freshly grated works best)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 c. milk (skim is fine)
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. When it has reached a rolling boil, add 1/2 tsp. of salt and the fettucine.
- While the fettucine is cooking (use the box directions to figure out how long to cook it), stir together the other ingredients in a large pot on low heat until they are all melted and blended.
- When the pasta is cooked (taste it as you go when you are cooking–it won’t hurt you, and you want to catch it before it overcooks), drain the pasta in a collander in the sink. Stir the drained pasta into the sauce.
- . . . It worked, by the way. They're getting married this October!
NotesI helped my best friend's boyfriend plan a surprise dinner for my best friend as part of his proposal. This is the main dish he and my husband made. It's not exactly authentic alfredo, but what I picked needed to be easy enough for my non-kitchen-oriented husband and her culinarily clueless boyfriend to make!
. . . It worked, by the way. They're getting married this October!
(You will have at least one serving of leftovers from this dish. But it’s just as good, if not better, the next day.)