- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbl. Butter
- 1 or 2 small cans of mushrooms,drained (or a container of fresh ones)
- 1/3 lb. thin sliced proscuitto, cut in very thin strips
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (sometimes I use a tad more)
- pepper to taste
- about 12 to 16 oz of cooked fettucini pasta, cooked al dente and drained (I like the packages of fresh refrigerated pasta)
- In a skillet, melt the butter and saute mushrooms till slightly browned. Add proscuitto and saute just a minute or so, till heated through. Add remainder of sauce ingredients, lower heat and allow to simmer for a few minutes, until slightly thickened. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and lightly toss to combine, before removing from heat.
- NOTE: I have also made this recipe adding a little dried dill to the sauce for variety, also you can add a handful of frozen peas, for color.
NotesThis is a variation of a recipe I saw in "Cuisine At Home." I changed it around a bit and varied some of the ingredients, and voila!...I came up with a keeper! I make this to take to work sometimes, because it tastes even better after it has been refrigerated and reheated...Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More