- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbl. Butter
- 1 or 2 small cans of mushrooms,drained (or a container of fresh ones)
- 1/3 lb. thin sliced proscuitto, cut in very thin strips
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (sometimes I use a tad more)
- pepper to taste
- about 12 to 16 oz of cooked fettucini pasta, cooked al dente and drained (I like the packages of fresh refrigerated pasta)
- In a skillet, melt the butter and saute mushrooms till slightly browned. Add proscuitto and saute just a minute or so, till heated through. Add remainder of sauce ingredients, lower heat and allow to simmer for a few minutes, until slightly thickened. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and lightly toss to combine, before removing from heat.
- NOTE: I have also made this recipe adding a little dried dill to the sauce for variety, also you can add a handful of frozen peas, for color.
NotesThis is a variation of a recipe I saw in "Cuisine At Home." I changed it around a bit and varied some of the ingredients, and voila!...I came up with a keeper! I make this to take to work sometimes, because it tastes even better after it has been refrigerated and reheated...Enjoy!
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Summertime SippersSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More