- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 package pearl onions, peeled
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 4 medium size red potatoes, peeled, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 8 oz. fideo noodles
- 2 Tbsp. chervil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp each basil, oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown meat in oil over medium heat in large deep pan. Add 10 cups of water, parsley, basil, oregano and bay leaf to meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low and cook covered with lid slightly cracked for 45 minutes.
- Keep water handy to replace water lost so that the pan stays about 3/4 full. Mix flour and 1 cup water by shaking in a closed container and add to thicken stew.
- At the same time, add the vegetables and cook covered on med-low for an hour, or until vegetables are tender.
- Continue to replace water during this time so that the pan stays about 3/4 full.
- Add the noodles and cook for 10 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More