- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you like Mexican food, but want it made with something other than beef...this is really good. It uses an alrady prepared chicken mixture, so it's quick and easy. I've made this for both lunch and dinner.
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso refrigerated taco sauce with seasoned chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can cresent dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon yelow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream,salsa,or ripe olives
- 1.) Heat oven to 375.
- Spray 8 medium muffin cups with cooking spray. In a 1-qt. pan heat taco sauce with the chicken and corn over medium heat , stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- 2.) Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles;press each one into an 8 x4 rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cut each in half crosswise, making 8 squares. Sprinkle each with the cornmeal.
- Press each in the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups; turn edges of dough under, pressing to extend 1/4 inch above each cup.
- 3.)Spoon about 2 Tablespoons of chicken mixture into each cup.
- Sprinkle cheese over each.
- 4.) Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minuts; remove from muffin cups.
- Serve warm.