2 Yukon Gold potatoes (trust me, Yukon Golds perfectly compliment this dish)
1 small white onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 ½ cups of Bush’s Grillin Beans Black Bean Fiesta (don’t drain! You’ll want to keep these flavors!)
½ cup shredded Mexican blended cheese
6 tablespoons of salsa
1. Grease 6 ramekins using Pam spray and set aside.
2. Peel potatoes and thinly slice. Chop onions.
3. Heat skillet on stove with olive oil and sauté potatoes, onion, an garlic over medium heat until soft. Approximately 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Since it is summertime, I decided to really kick it up a notch! I turned on my gas grill to 400 degrees and placed my ramekins in a grill basket and set aside.
5. In a bowl, whisk eggs and add a dash or salt and pepper.
6. Fold in potatoes with eggs. Folding potatoes does a good job of coating with the eggs and adds height to your frittata.
7. Fold in beans with egg and potatoes.
8. Pour evenly into ramekins. I actually used a soupspoon so I could be very even with the potato and bean filling.
9. Top with shredded cheese and one tablespoon of salsa for each ramekin. See how pretty it looks!
10. Last step: If baking: Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes, or until the eggs have set. If grilling: Keep an eye on it and grill for approximately 15 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
Pairs Well With
If you have unexpected guests at breakfast or brunch time, first things first, don’t panic. This savory with a hint of bold frittata is easy-breezy and only needs a few simple ingredients just waiting for you in the pantry.