- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup Taco Bell Home Originals Thick 'N Chunky Salsa, divided
- 3/4 Kraft Mexican Style Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the salsa and the cheese.
- SHAPE into oval loaf in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with the remaining 1/4 cup salsa.
- BAKE 1 hour or until cooked through (160°F). Sprinkle evenly with the cheese; continue baking 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 min. before cutting into eight slices to serve.
NotesI did add about i/2 of a med. size onion and more of the salsa since my hamburger meat was really lean.
Oh and also a few slices of canned jalapeno peppers since my husband likes his food spicy.
This was one of those recipes from my to try file and not sure where it came from to give credit but think it was from the Kraft site.