- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Morningstar Farms Crumbles
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups canned nonfat refried beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned green chilies
- 12 baked taco shells
- 1 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup salsa (more as needed)
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- Combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in plastic bag; shake until completely mixed.
- Place crumbles in medium saucepan; pour boiling water over top. Sprinkle with seasoning mix and mix well.
- Add refried beans and green chilies.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taco filling can be refrigerated or frozen at this point. When ready to serve: Heat taco shells 2 to 3 minutes in 350F oven (1 minute in toaster oven).
- Heat taco filling in saucepan or microwave until heated through.
- Spoon taco mixture into shells and garnish with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Taste of CenturyLink
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More