- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Morningstar Farms Crumbles
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups canned nonfat refried beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned green chilies
- 12 baked taco shells
- 1 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup salsa (more as needed)
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- Combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in plastic bag; shake until completely mixed.
- Place crumbles in medium saucepan; pour boiling water over top. Sprinkle with seasoning mix and mix well.
- Add refried beans and green chilies.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taco filling can be refrigerated or frozen at this point. When ready to serve: Heat taco shells 2 to 3 minutes in 350F oven (1 minute in toaster oven).
- Heat taco filling in saucepan or microwave until heated through.
- Spoon taco mixture into shells and garnish with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More