- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pints fresh blueberries
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (and a separate 1 cup) bleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 tsp unsalted butter (to grease pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the filling ingredients. Mix blueberries, Grand Marnier, nutmeg, granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of the flour. Toss to mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Grease a 9-by-13 inch glass ovenproof baking dish with 1/2 teaspoon of the butter. Spread the berry mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream the remaining stick of butter with the brown sugar until smooth. Add the cinnamon, the remaining cup of flour and the oats. Mix well.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly over the berry mixture. Bake for 30-50 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly
NotesFifield's Blueberry Crumb Cobbler
From chef and author Emeril Lagasse
Blueberry Crumb Cobbler It's named after Emeril's good friend Jim Fifield who always comes into Emeril's restaurant. This blueberry crumble will melt in your mouth. So push the old coffee cake aside replace it with a berry special treat.