- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano (I used 1 tsp dried)
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 - 3 tsp capers
- 2 TB white wine (or chicken broth)
- Garnish: flat leaf parsley, chipped and lemon wedges
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oregano, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, mushrooms and olive oil. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Allow to marinade for up to 4 hours (in the refrigerator). If you can't wait...then 15 minutes will do, at room temperature will do.
- Preheat the oven to 500' F.
- Arrange the thighs (spread open) on a 9x13 baking dish, scattering the mushrooms and capers over and around the chicken.
- Pour in the wine and roast for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (juices run clear).
- Garnish with parsley and lemon if desired.
NotesThis recipe for Thighs Spread Wide is so simple. Full of flavor, and the chicken is very tender.. as is all thigh meat. It's from the wonderfully written, hilarious, entertaining Fifty Shades of Chicken, a parody in a cookbook.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More