- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 Qys
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 quart crushed, peeled figs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Variation: One (29−ounce) can apricots or any other fruit (crushed and pushed through a sieve) can be
- used in this recipe, the amount determined by the strength of the fruit.
- Combine sugar, water, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil. Cook to the thread stage (230 degrees F).
- Pour syrup slowly over egg whites, beating constantly until mixture is thick and smooth. Fold in figs
- and milk. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Notescan you tell i love ice cream delights for the unusual combos of ice cream?
Fig Ice Cream
This is an old Louisiana recipe.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More