- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 Qys
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 quart crushed, peeled figs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Variation: One (29−ounce) can apricots or any other fruit (crushed and pushed through a sieve) can be
- used in this recipe, the amount determined by the strength of the fruit.
- Combine sugar, water, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil. Cook to the thread stage (230 degrees F).
- Pour syrup slowly over egg whites, beating constantly until mixture is thick and smooth. Fold in figs
- and milk. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Notescan you tell i love ice cream delights for the unusual combos of ice cream?
Fig Ice Cream
This is an old Louisiana recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More