- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 large figs, stems removed and cut into quarters
- 1 medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of white balsamic vinegar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pork tenderloin (although you will most likely have enough glaze for 2 if needed)
- 16 oz brie cheese
- In a heavy, large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the figs, onion, and sugar. Cook, stirring often, until tender and caramelized, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add the white balsamic to de-glaze the pan and continue cooking until desired thickness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the rind off the brie cheese and slice thinly
- Take your pork tenderloin and butterfly it into thirds so that it opens up like a letter. Basically you're going to slice the top third, without going all the way through and then rotate you knife the other way and slice the bottom third, going in the opposite direction to complete. (this procedure can be googled for move visual instructions on youtube).
- Drizzle the tenderloin with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay a row of cheese along the center. Spread a bit of the glaze over the cheese and lay another row of cheese over that.
- Roll up and truss your tenderloin up to hold everything together. You can also google the procedure for trussing for a more visual aid. I'm not a pro at it enough to instruct you. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever done it (shows you how easy it is).
- Rub a bit of the glaze over the meat.
- Place over direct heat on a hot grill to get a good sear all the way around, then move it over to indirect heat to finish cooking, about 20 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for about 5 minutes. Snip the twine away, slice and serve with glaze.
NotesSweet, tangy, a bit sour from the blasamic vinegar....and absolutely delish! Great on the grill
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More