- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 18 dried figs
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup good blue cheese (Maytag is my favorite)
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 6 oz. prosciutto, sliced very thin
- Arrange figs in a single layer in a glass pie plate. Add brandy and place in a warm oven for 15-20 minutes. The goal here is to simmer the figs in the brandy until they're plump and pliable.
- Remove figs from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Mix blue cheese and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Place mixture in piping bag with medium sized tip.
- Split each fig and pipe with blue cheese mixture.
- Wrap each fig in a strip of prosciutto, sealing with a tiny dab of cream cheese mixture.
- Serve on a platter and watch them disappear.
NotesNow bring us a figgy, appetizer?
This simple party snack marries several bold flavors for a complex blend that stands up to any cocktail.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
GAES PTO Recipes
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More