- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 18 dried figs
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup good blue cheese (Maytag is my favorite)
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 6 oz. prosciutto, sliced very thin
- Arrange figs in a single layer in a glass pie plate. Add brandy and place in a warm oven for 15-20 minutes. The goal here is to simmer the figs in the brandy until they're plump and pliable.
- Remove figs from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Mix blue cheese and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Place mixture in piping bag with medium sized tip.
- Split each fig and pipe with blue cheese mixture.
- Wrap each fig in a strip of prosciutto, sealing with a tiny dab of cream cheese mixture.
- Serve on a platter and watch them disappear.
NotesNow bring us a figgy, appetizer?
This simple party snack marries several bold flavors for a complex blend that stands up to any cocktail.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More