- Cooking Time: 16
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste, divided
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean and trimmed beef filet mignon, use four 4 oz pieces
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 (3) large uncooked egg yolk(s)
- 1 (3) Tbsp water
- 2 1/3 (7) Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (3...I add more if it needs it) tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 (4 1/2)Tbsp chives, and/or parsley, fresh, minced.
- 1. Rub 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper all over steak.
- 2. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Heat pan until it’s almost smoking and sizzles when water is dropped onto pan surface.
- 3. Place steak on pan and cook, without turning, about 5 minutes. Flip steak; cook about 4 to 6 minutes more for medium doneness.
- 4. Remove steak to a cutting board and loosely cover with aluminum foil; let rest for at least 10 minutes (steak will continue to cook under foil).
- 5. Meanwhile, to make sauce, bring a small saucepan one-third filled with water to a boil (creating a double boiler). In a metal bowl, beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon room temperature water until frothy; set bowl over saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until egg yolk thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove egg yolk from heat; slowly whisk in melted butter until well-combined. Stir in lemon juice and remaining salt and black pepper; whisk in fresh herbs. Serve steak with sauce. Yields about 3 ounces of steak and 1 tablespoon of sauce per serving.
NotesThis is fabulous!!! Don't let the WW in the name fool you into thinking this will taste bad because it is "diet". I do triple the sauce so the numbers in the () will to triple.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More