- Cooking Time: 16
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste, divided
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean and trimmed beef filet mignon, use four 4 oz pieces
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 (3) large uncooked egg yolk(s)
- 1 (3) Tbsp water
- 2 1/3 (7) Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (3...I add more if it needs it) tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 (4 1/2)Tbsp chives, and/or parsley, fresh, minced.
- 1. Rub 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper all over steak.
- 2. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Heat pan until it’s almost smoking and sizzles when water is dropped onto pan surface.
- 3. Place steak on pan and cook, without turning, about 5 minutes. Flip steak; cook about 4 to 6 minutes more for medium doneness.
- 4. Remove steak to a cutting board and loosely cover with aluminum foil; let rest for at least 10 minutes (steak will continue to cook under foil).
- 5. Meanwhile, to make sauce, bring a small saucepan one-third filled with water to a boil (creating a double boiler). In a metal bowl, beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon room temperature water until frothy; set bowl over saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until egg yolk thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove egg yolk from heat; slowly whisk in melted butter until well-combined. Stir in lemon juice and remaining salt and black pepper; whisk in fresh herbs. Serve steak with sauce. Yields about 3 ounces of steak and 1 tablespoon of sauce per serving.
NotesThis is fabulous!!! Don't let the WW in the name fool you into thinking this will taste bad because it is "diet". I do triple the sauce so the numbers in the () will to triple.