- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups cake flour - sift and measure
- 1.5 Cups sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup shortening, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup milk - divided in half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 squares (3 oz.) unsweeted chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 T hot water
- Sift flour, sugar, ginger and salt 3 times, the last time sift into large mixing bowl. Add shortening, eggs and 1/2 cup milk. Stir to blend. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Combine vanilla, chocolate, soda and water with 1/2 Cup milk - add to batter and beat on low for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake @ 375' 15 - 20 minutes
- Remove cupcakes to cooling rack and, working quickly, while still hot, remove a 1" round plug.
- Cut soft bottom off of plug. Insert a marshmallow into hole and top with top half of plug, it will stick up a bit. Cool cupcakes completely then cover with chocolate frosting
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Healthy French 'Toast'
Shaker Lemon Pie by Robin SindelarSee More