- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the filo pastry shells:
- 6 sheets filo pastry (each about 17x12 inches/43x30 cm)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- For the lemon curd:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 T grated lemon peel
- 1 stick salted butter, diced
- For assembling the tarts:
- 9 oz fresh raspberries
- 4 fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- To make the filo pastry shells:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Place 1 sheet of filo pastry on a flat dry surface and brush with some melted butter. Place another sheet of filo pastry on top of the first sheet and brush with more melted butter. Repeat this process until all 6 sheets of the filo are stacked on top of each other. Cut the stack of filo sheets crosswise in half then lengthwise in half, forming 4 equal rectangular pieces. Gently press each stack of filo, buttered side down, into a shallow 4 1/2-inch diameter tart pan.
- Turn the pans over and trim away the excess pastry with a sharp knife, leaving 1/2 inch/1 cm of pastry above the rims of the tart pans. Place the tart pans on a heavy baking sheet. Bake the filo pastry tart shells for 15 to 20 minutes or until dark golden brown. Carefully lift the shells from the pans and place them on a rack to cool completely.
- To make the lemon curd:
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Decrease the heat to low. Whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest in a medium stainless steel or glass bowl to blend. Place the bowl over the hot water and whisk in the butter. Continue to whisk for about 3 minutes or until the curd has become thick and creamy and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and whisk until most of the heat from the curd dissipates. Set the curd aside to cool completely, stirring occasionally. The curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
- To assemble the tarts:
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the lemon curd into each tart and top with the raspberries. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
NotesDesserts / Misc