- Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
- Servings: 4 little jars from china
- Preparation Time: 10 min. prep, overnight
- 2 lbs/6 cups Rhubarb (1bs equals 3 cups rhubarb)
- 3 cups Sugar
- Select the rhubarb that is the most red.
- Wash and chop off any leaves or green parts and discard
- Dice the rhubarb into quarter bits
- Measure it and put it in a large bowl
- Add half the amount of white sugar
- Mix, cover, and let stand overnight on the counter
- Refrigerate next day is you don’t want to cook
- Stir the rhubarb in the bowl
- Then, place in large cooking pot
- Bring to boil, constantly stirring
- Reduce heat and continue to stir
- Break up large bits of rhubarb with spoon
- When mixture thickens to jam like texture, turn off heat
- Allow to cool on stove top uncovered
- Mixture will thicken even more
- Spoon cooled jam in jars with tops that have seals
- Put in refrigerator
NotesNothing beats those economic blues like making rhubarb jam. It's so simple and so good.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More