- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 70
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law who received it from a Greek friend of hers. They are addicting! I love them with tea. I know it sounds like a lot of oil, but trust me, it's worth the calories.
"Greek Cinnamon and Honey Flavored Cookie"
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice -- not from concentrate
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- Honey Mixture
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup water
- Sugar Mixture
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Blend oil, sugar and spices in a large bowl.
- Add oj. Mix in flour until smooth.
- Knead until thoroughly blended.
- Pinch off pieces or use cookie scoop to make 1 inch balls and form into logs.
- Bake on ungreased pans for 35 min.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Warm honey mixture over low heat till simmer. While cookies are still warm, dip into honey mixture, then roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Dry on rack.
- Keep in air tight container for up to a week. Freezes well.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More