- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice -- not from concentrate
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- Honey Mixture
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup water
- Sugar Mixture
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Blend oil, sugar and spices in a large bowl.
- Add oj. Mix in flour until smooth.
- Knead until thoroughly blended.
- Pinch off pieces or use cookie scoop to make 1 inch balls and form into logs.
- Bake on ungreased pans for 35 min.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Warm honey mixture over low heat till simmer. While cookies are still warm, dip into honey mixture, then roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Dry on rack.
- Keep in air tight container for up to a week. Freezes well.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law who received it from a Greek friend of hers. They are addicting! I love them with tea. I know it sounds like a lot of oil, but trust me, it's worth the calories.
"Greek Cinnamon and Honey Flavored Cookie"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
MetroCooking Texas 2013
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More