- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tblsp (or one packet) yeast
- 3 cup flour
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil (or 1 egg)
- 1/2 tsp (or more) ground cardamom
- 1 Tblsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup potato water
- Put bread machine on dough cycle, when completed roll out as for cinnamon rolls, spread with butter, sugar and cinnamon. Roll up jelly-roll fashion and cut into 1/2 or 3/4 inch rolls.
- You can bake individual biscuits or make a coffee ring, as follows: Spray pie pan with Pam, place rolls along the outside edge of a pie plate, overlapping them and fanning them out. Squish the rolls together with your hands. Let dough rise while oven heats.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- --Potato water is the water left over after boiling potatoes. You can get the same effect by adding a tablespoon or so of instant potatoes and increasing the water by a tablespoon, or two.
- --To remove the coffee ring from pie plate, cover top with a dinner plate and turn dough out onto dinner plate. Turn the ring over on a second plate and brush still hot ring with water and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- --If you set your bread machine on a timer, use the oil instead of an egg. I usually use the oil anyway and cannot tell the difference.
- --You can bake the dough in a loaf and when cool slice into biscotti-sized slices and bake again in 200 degree oven for a rusk-type sort of sweet crusty toast.
NotesThis is my bread machine adaptation of a family recipe for Finn Biscuit (known as cinnamon rolls to the non-Finnish)
The instruction are for a WelBilt Bread Machine. If you use a different brand of machine, the ingredients may be put in a different order--consult your owners manual.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More