- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour pans.
- Combine all ingredients on low speed with your mixer.
- Scrape bottom and sides and turn mixer to medium to fully incorporate.
- Allow to mix for 2 more minutes on medium speed to fully mix.
- Pour into pans and level out with spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top of cake springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto cooling racks for best results.
- For chocolate variation:
- Substitute Duncan Hines Devil's Food Mix and chocolate pudding. Increase water by 1 tablespoon and oil by 2 tablespoons. Mix will be very thick but this is ok. Make sure that you level batter out in pans or cake will be lopsided.
NotesI needed a cake that wasn't too sweet for my step-daughter's wedding. After trying many variations I came up with this recipe. If you are into carving cakes and decorating - this is for you. It's moist yet very durable and tasty.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cartier CreationsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More