- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour pans.
- Combine all ingredients on low speed with your mixer.
- Scrape bottom and sides and turn mixer to medium to fully incorporate.
- Allow to mix for 2 more minutes on medium speed to fully mix.
- Pour into pans and level out with spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top of cake springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto cooling racks for best results.
- For chocolate variation:
- Substitute Duncan Hines Devil's Food Mix and chocolate pudding. Increase water by 1 tablespoon and oil by 2 tablespoons. Mix will be very thick but this is ok. Make sure that you level batter out in pans or cake will be lopsided.
NotesI needed a cake that wasn't too sweet for my step-daughter's wedding. After trying many variations I came up with this recipe. If you are into carving cakes and decorating - this is for you. It's moist yet very durable and tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More