- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: overnight
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 Tbsp fancy molasses
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp pickled jalapenos (I usually use 1 fresh jalapeno, cored and seeded)
- 2 tsp Djion mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- pinch hot pepper flakes
- 4 bone in chicken breasts, skin on
- Using bone in chicken breasts increases flavor. When I'm have a dinner party I like to mix chicken legs in with the chicken breasts to give people a choice. It's always great having leftovers for protein snacks or a grilled chicken salad the next day.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in shallow baking dish or plastic bag.
- Pour in marinate and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and sear chicken, skin side down, for 10 minutes, rotating to produce crisscross grill marks after 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, turn chicken over, close lid and continue cooking until juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
NotesThis is from one of my favourite cookbooks -- Cooking With Booze by Ryan Jennings and David Steele. It's a jerk-inspired dish that combines the unique flavors of Mexico with fire and spice of a Jamaican barbecue.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
A Falcon Feast
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More