- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (64-ounce) can kidney beans
- 3/4 cup smoked bbq sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup prepared Horseradish
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Mix in large bowl; beans, barbecue and Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, liquid smoke, horseradish and mustard. Set aside.
- Sauté over medium heat peppers, onions, bacon, margarine, salt and pepper. Combine with bean mixture and transfer to a sprayed glass baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
NotesA 4th of July must...baked beans. This recipe has a little bite, horseradish
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More