- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 Pound Cod, Cut in big chunks - You can use any fish but something firm works best.
- 1/2 Cup milk or half-and-half
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- Old Bay Seasoning - I use lots - Gives great flavor!
- NOTE: You can also add a can of sweet corn. So Yummy!
- In a large stock pot cover potatoes with enough water so they are fully covered. I use 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 water. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- In a saute pan cook butter, onion, mushrooms, bacon, garlic, some old bay and S&P, over medium heat, until onions and mushrooms are soft. Add to potato mixture. Add Parsley.
- Once potatoes become soft, and the broth has a milky look to it, add cut up fish fillets. Heat until fish fillets are cooked through.
- Add enough milk product to bring soup to your desired taste and texture. Serve!
NotesOnce again I am from Seattle and I love my chowders! This one is great for a cold day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More