- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 Pound Cod, Cut in big chunks - You can use any fish but something firm works best.
- 1/2 Cup milk or half-and-half
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- Old Bay Seasoning - I use lots - Gives great flavor!
- NOTE: You can also add a can of sweet corn. So Yummy!
- In a large stock pot cover potatoes with enough water so they are fully covered. I use 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 water. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- In a saute pan cook butter, onion, mushrooms, bacon, garlic, some old bay and S&P, over medium heat, until onions and mushrooms are soft. Add to potato mixture. Add Parsley.
- Once potatoes become soft, and the broth has a milky look to it, add cut up fish fillets. Heat until fish fillets are cooked through.
- Add enough milk product to bring soup to your desired taste and texture. Serve!
NotesOnce again I am from Seattle and I love my chowders! This one is great for a cold day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More